Microsoft announces more products that they will no longer support News >>21 July 2014
After ending support for Windows XP earlier this year, small businesses should be aware that Microsoft will end support on more of its products.
Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 Standard Edition Windows CE 5.0 will no longer be supported by Microsoft from October this year and additional products will lose support early next year. Ending support will mean Microsoft no longer provides security updates, non-security hot fixes, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates.
By mid January 2015 the following products will no longer be supported by Microsoft and additionally support for several service packs is planned.
• Host Integration Server 2004 Developer Edition
• Host Integration Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
• Host Integration Server 2004 Standard Edition
• Systems Management Server 2003
• Systems Management Server 2003 R2
• Virtual Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
• Virtual Server 2005 Management Pack
• Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise Edition
• Virtual Server 2005 R2 Standard Edition
• Virtual Server 2005 Standard Edition
• Visual FoxPro 9.0 Professional Edition
If products are used by your business after Microsoft stops support, any data could become highly vulnerable to cyber attack.